Office of the Vice-President for Research,Extension Services and International Linkages
Description of the Office
The OVPAA is headed by the Vice President for the Academic Affairs who is directly responsible to the University President and assists the latter in the effective implementation of the educational policies and programs of the institution.
Functions of the Vice President for Academic Affairs (VPAA)
The VPAA performs the following functions:
1. Assists the President in exercising leadership over the academic operations of the University;
2. Review proposed curricula, curricular revisions, and the opening of new course/programs;
3. Supervise the implementation of curricular programs in the different colleges;
4. Ensure that the instructional processes are carried out effectively and efficiently by the members of the faculty through the Deans and/or Department Chairpersons;
5. Assist the President in supervising other academic-related activities in coordination with pertinent administrative and support service units;
6. Serve as Chairperson of the Personnel Selection and Promotion Board, an arm assisting the President in selecting the promoting members of the faculty; and
7. Serve as Chairperson of the Grievance Committee for Faculty, an arm assisting the President in resolving work-related problems.