Gender & Development(GAD)
The NORSU Gender and Development Center (GAD) is an office that provide gender related
services in the University. It is anchored on mandates of the Philippine Commission on Women
on the formulation of Programs, Activities and Plans.
Gender and Development Objectives
1. To provide technical assistance such as mediation, counseling, and arbitration for different gender-related issues and conflicts.
2. To closely coordinate with the university offices in the planning, budgeting, implementation monitoring, and evaluation of gender-related policies, programs, and activities.
3. To support the University’s mission by collaborating with the Research, Instruction, Development, and Extension (R.I.D.E) office, faculty, staff, and students in gender-related researches and extension services.
4. To coordinate with the university-wide Gender and Development (GAD) focal persons in gender-related activities, programs, and linkages for more responsive and self-reliant GAD offices.
5. To proactively foster gender quality and empowerment through the conduct of trainings, workshops, and seminars/webinars to the NORSU system and to the various stakeholders in Negros Criental towards a gender-responsive community.